Wednesday, July 04, 2007

~Been awhile~

Well, good grief. It's July already and we haven't blogged since Jan. Tsk. Our spring was lots of fun. We had a nice mild spring after the crazy winter around here and so we are back on friendly terms with the weather. Especially now that the June rain is over. I haven't minded the rain throughout the winters here, but in June it needs to be sunnier sooner, even though we need the rain! Glad not to be on fire or flooding though, so really we can't complain.

Brief synopsis of the spring since Hawaii is:

Mike went to England for a week for Boeing, which was quite fun. I wished I could have gone, but work at Dartmoor was swamped and we didn't have much notice. He stayed a couple days longer than business required and found a hostel and the tube nice cheap ways to see London. He didn't get to do anything in depth, but probably walked 8 miles in a day and did a great reconnaissance for when he takes me back next time. =+)



We spent many weekends hanging out with friends and finding good hiking (and then drinking) spots all around our area. In April Mike and I went up to Victoria for the weekend. We also got to explore Buchard Gardens and drive around the Victoria area. It was really beautiful in the spring and we must go back on foot to check out the city. (we had the car but no Canadian coins for the parking meters when we were there, hee)




We also enjoyed the tulip festival in Skagit County again on our way to the ferry. Stunning once again.




We spent Mother's Day in Moscow with my parents just before they embarked on a three-week tour of Italy. Pretty nice huh? We were jealous but were excited to see my mom get to Europe for the first time. They have a million photos we haven't gotten to see yet, but the stories are lots of fun and they really hated the cheap, delicious wine.

For Memorial Day, we went to Leavenworth with some friends for camping and ... gulp... rock climbing. Mike loved the challenges and new things he learned from our friend Chris, while my buddy Lisa (who has only been climbing for a year herself) helped me gather the courage to give it a whirl. I climbed two pitches, little ones, and it was fun. The adrenaline rush lasted long after I descended and was on solid, level ground again, however!




Us girls went wine tasting in town later in the day and let the boys happily climb a multi-pitch climb that didn't look even remotely fun to us. The camping was fun, the weather was lovely, and the company was great!

Shortly after that outing, the rain came back for a few weeks, but in June we were able to get out and hike Mt. Pilchuck one weekend. It was over half covered in snow still, but we were game. Mike kicked steps for me all the loong way up to a beautiful view of the surrounding area at the tippy top. And the best part? Glisading down. Man I can hike big snowy hikes like that any day when coming down is one long happy sled trip. Wahooooooooo! Mike thought I was a bit silly laughing like a loon all the way down, but man was it a hoot.




And the obligatory beer afterward!

A couple weeks ago, Mike had plans to climb Mt. Baker so I took myself off to Spokane to visit Sarah and Ryan and their new baby Jacob! Well, to be honest he's already 4 months old so it took me awhile to get my boochie over there. Poor Mike ended up not climbing at all due to terrible weather, but my weekend was wonderful. It was great to see Sarah and Ryan's house, it's sooo cute and they have a garden the size of our apartment that I'm insanely jealous of! And Jacob, what a doll. We watched a few softball games, had a BBQ, loved the baby, and just caught up. I'm definitely not waiting another 4 months to see them again!


Work has been busy for both of us. Dartmoor has been slammed with students all spring, way over full and not enough teachers to go around, but we persevered and I love the people I work with to pieces! As the roll-out date (7/8/07) gets closer, things get busier for Mike at Boeing too. He spent most of the night watching the landing gear put on to the 787 and it looks like it should!
And that sort of brings us up to date...until later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home